Thursday 14 January 2010

PICS: Kenner 1980 SnowSpeeder - Weathered Version vs Mint.

A few friends of mine asked me to post my first repaint project - painting up a 1980 Snowspeeder from Kenner (hardcore collector - please don't bash me for painting over a vintage collectible).


Here are some pics to compare between a mint-electronics-still-working-(and booked) Snowspeeder vs a mint-sound-working-but-not-lights Snowspeeder. Both are from Kenner circa 1980.


Both includes the usually missing harpoons.


Please let me know if:
a) It was a crappy job and you should stick to your day job and get us more collectibles!

b) Can pass for decent but don't touch my collectibles (meh!)
c) AWESOME - I want you to paint mine too!


Enjoy the pics:


Mint - after clean



What have you done??



Clean



That snowspeeder has taken a real beating



Side by Side


Soot on boosters and some snow weathering
Oil weathering on the heat sinks/vents



Rear View



Snow on the harpoon gun